PROGRESS ON PLANS AT 225 N. LAURA
A long-planned restoration of a historic downtown property is ready to move forward.
Local business owner Ron Chamblin was issued a permit for $900,000 of renovations at 225 N. Laura Street, where he plans to convert an existing building into four apartment units and a ground-floor restaurant. Chamblin purchased the building a few years ago; he also owns the adjacent building, in which his popular bookstore and coffee shop Chamblin’s Uptown resides.
Breaking Ground Contracting is listed as the contractor for the job; Fred Podris is the listed architect.
STARBUCKS GOING STANDALONE IN LAKEWOOD
Starbucks submitted plans for a new 2,500 sq. ft. standalone building at 5640 San Jose Blvd.
The property was purchased from First Coast Energy, which had previously planned to use the site for a Daily’s gas station and convenience store. The new location will replace a nearby Starbucks within Lakewood Promenade.
- Popeyes submitted plans for a new location at 450047 SR-200 in Callahan.
- Multiple permits were issued for the construction of Fiddler’s Reef, a 456-unit apartment complex at 2753 Mayport Rd.
- Once Upon a Child received a permit for build-out at 9735 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Caliber Collision received a permit for construction of a new service building at 11556 Philips Hwy.
- Amazon received a permit for renovations at 2780 Lloyd Rd.