For the entire month of November, Building Up Jax is presented to you by Opendoor, the new way to sell your home online.
NEW STADIUM PROPOSED FOR ARMADA FC
Armada FC owner Robert Palmer has entered discussions with the city to purchase vacant land along A. Philip Randolph Blvd. north of Arlington Expwy. for a new soccer stadium.
The stadium would become the exclusive home of the Armada, who have bounced around between home stadiums – and between leagues – since their launch in 2013.
The five-acre property, located on the border of the sports district and the Eastside neighborhood, would be purchased by RP Sports for a nominal fee under the condition that construction would begin on the stadium no later than 2024.
ANN TEAGUE’S OPENS DOWNTOWN
Downtown Jax has gained another new hangout spot.
Ann Teague’s Lamp Supply, a new antique-themed bar concept, is now open at 112 E. Forsyth St. Its name honors the unit’s previous use as Ann Teague Bonding Agency.
The bar serves beer, wine, and liquor.
- GATE plans to demolish and rebuild its gas station and convenience store at 4234 Dunn Ave.
- Publix received a permit to remodel its existing store at 7749 Normandy Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a three-story, 90,000 sq. ft. self-storage facility along St. Johns Pkwy. near Race Track Rd. in northern St. Johns County.
- Target received a permit to add solar panels to its store at St. Johns Town Center.
- Red Bowl Restaurant received a permit for build-out at 9570 Crosshill Blvd.
- Aspen Dental received a permit for build-out at its future location within Bartram Market in northern St. Johns County.