EAST SAN MARCO STILL ALIVE
It looks like Publix might finally be coming to San Marco.
According to Jax Daily Record, Regency Centers plans to go through with the development of East San Marco, the long-proposed project that would bring Publix to the corner of Hendricks and Atlantic.
Of course, we’ve been here before – several times in fact. The difference this time is that the developer plans to scrap the proposed apartments above Publix, instead just building a shopping strip that will include Publix and other tenants. It would offer a combined 50,000 square feet of space.
If all goes as planned, construction would start later this year. Fingers crossed, San Marco!
PURA BEAN BUILDING OUT IN RIVERSIDE
Pura Bean was approved for build-out at 915 King St.
It’ll be the local coffee company’s second location. Its original spot is at 14286 Beach Blvd.
- Plans for a new VyStar Credit Union branch location within Shoppes at Bartram Park show a 2,800 square foot building accessible from Old St. Augustine Rd.
- ABBQ Restaurant submitted plans for its future 5,000 square foot location at 461 Atlantic Blvd. in Atlantic Beach.
- Edward Jones received a permit for build-out of a branch location at 1950 San Marco Blvd.
- Mirasol FAFCO Solar received a permit to build a 1 mega-watt solar farm at 8263 Old Kings Rd.
- Hines Development Company purchased the office building at 605 Palencia Club Dr. in St. Johns County for $1 million. The sale was facilitated by Colliers International Northeast Florida.
- A permit was issued for construction of Millers Creek Apartments, a 16-unit apartment building at 1606 Mayfair Rd. along Atlantic Blvd.