ORLANDO-BASED SPEAKEASY TO DTJAX
Orlando-based speakeasy Mathers Social Gathering is planned for the building at 120 E. Forsyth St. near the Florida Theatre.
Mathers in Orlando is located in a historic building and has a vintage-themed interior. The venue’s ownership group operates several bars and nightclubs in the downtown Orlando area.
MEDICAL MARIJUANA COMING TO BROOKLYN
Medical marijuana dispensary Surterra Wellness will open soon at 537 Park St.
It’ll become the third dispensary in the city, and the first located within the urban core. It’s opening in the former location of The Block Skate Supply. (Skateboarding shop to weed shop feels like a natural progression, doesn’t it?)
PARK 295 ANNOUNCED
Plans were submitted this week for Park 295, an industrial park. The plans show four warehouse buildings that combine for nearly 2 million square feet of space, to be built along I-295 with entry from Duval Rd.
- Modu Ramen received a permit for build-out in the shopping center at 8602 Baymeadows Rd.
- A permit was issued for a 5,000+ square foot expansion at the Johnson Family YMCA at 5700 Cleveland Rd.
- Starbucks Coffee received a permit for the construction of a new 2,500 square foot building at 11850 McCormick Rd.
- Marcus has opened in the former Denim & Soul space at St. Johns Town Center. Like Denim & Soul, Marcus is a retail venture from The Profit’s Marcus Lemonis.
- Your Pie received a permit for buildout in the new shopping center at 389 Paseo Reyes Dr. near Palencia in St. Johns County.
- Several permits were issued for the construction of a new Pilot Express gas station and convenience store at 3515 Zoo Parkway.
- Taco Bell’s locations at 13160 Atlantic Blvd. and 5905 Merrill Rd. received permits for renovations.