UNF SET FOR BUILD-OUT IN BARNETT BANK BUILDING
The University of North Florida is officially set to join the Barnett Bank building.
The school received a permit for build-out within the fourth and fifth floors of the historic building, which is undergoing a massive revitalization as part of the Laura Street Trio project.
The UNF space will feature an entrepreneurial center as well as several classrooms to accommodate up to 200 students. They’d previously signed a lease for the space back in April.
The space is expected to be ready by the beginning of next year.
TIMES-UNION MOVING TO WELLS FARGO CENTER
The Florida Times-Union announced that they’ve settled on the Wells Fargo Center as their new home.
The paper’s Jax operations will move there next year, as its current building at 1 Riverside Ave. is likely set for some form of redevelopment in the near future.
- Taverna submitted plans to expand into an additional storefront in its location at 1988 San Marco Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a 9,200 square foot retail building and a two-story, 9,200 square foot office building along San Jose Blvd. between Loretto Rd. and Marbon Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a 10,000 square foot retail building at River City Marketplace in part of Lowe’s Home Improvement’s parking lot.
- Five Points Tavern has closed its doors just a couple of months after completely revamping its menu. The restaurant had operated for around two years, before which the space was held by O’Brothers.
- Family Dollar received a permit for construction of a new location at 4210 Old Middleburg Rd. N.
- Marshalls received a permit for interior remodeling within its location at 5149 Normandy Blvd.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries received a permit for renovations at its location at 3267 Hodges Blvd.
- Dillard’s received a permit for renovations within its location at the St. Johns Town Center.
- The city submitted plans for pedestrian improvements along St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.