CANOPY ROAD CAFE COMING TO JACKSONVILLE
Canopy Road Cafe, a Tallahassee, FL-based modern diner, is set to expand into Jacksonville.
The Tally restaurant serves traditional breakfast and lunch fare. Its new Jax location within Shoppes of Bayard at 12525 Philips Hwy. will celebrate its grand opening on February 23. It will be the chain’s first location outside of the Tallahassee market since launching in 2007.
FOOT LOCKER, CHAMPS SPORTS LEAVING REGENCY SQUARE MALL
As we mentioned in our story about the revival of the Regency area, Foot Locker and Champs Sports are planning on leaving Regency Square Mall.
Pending construction bid records show that both retail chains are planning to relocate to nearby Regency Pointe Shopping Center, which also features a Sketchers outlet store.
MARRIOTT-BRANDED HOTEL COMING TO WILDLIGHT
Wildlight, the massive planned community in Nassau County that we’ve covered previously, is getting a Marriott hotel.
A 105-room Marriott-branded hotel is planned within the commercial portion of the project. It’s expected to open in 2020.
CINEMARK PLANS SET AT DURBIN PARK
Plans were submitted for the previously-announced Cinemark theater at The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
The plans depict a large theater building surrounded by six “future development” parcels. These parcels are expected to be restaurant tenants, though none have been confirmed yet.
- Jazzy’s Restaurant and Lounge will take over the space along King St. in Riverside formerly occupied by Hamburger Mary’s and, before that, The Blind Rabbit.
- CareSpot and Jana Steakhouse both received permits for build-out at The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- Burrito Gallery received a permit for its build-out at 5016 Gate Pkwy. within Gateway Village at Town Center.
- Diamonds Direct received a permit to build out its new location within The Strand at Town Center. It will be moving from its current location across the street at Markets at Town Center.
- The city received a permit for $2.4 million in renovations to the Pretrial Detention Center at 500 Adams St. E.
- Juice Tap is planning to open its second area location at 7643 Gate Pkwy.
- Fabletics received a permit for build-out at 4751 River City Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
- David & Associates is planning on expanding its current office location at 10991 San Jose Blvd. into an adjacent tenant space.