COLLIERS REPORT SHOWS HIGH DEMAND FOR OFFICE SPACE
A new report by Colliers International Northeast Florida offers some insight into Jacksonville office leases.
Their report shows a continued interest in office space in two key areas: downtown, and near Butler Blvd.
It also notes an increase in per-square-foot asking price for office space across the market, even despite an increase in vacancies – indicative of raised demand.
Colliers’ team facilitated four of the five largest office leases in the Jax area in the previous quarter.
WILDLIGHT GETS YMCA, NEW BUILDER
Wildlight, the new master-planned town in Nassau County, is getting a YMCA.
First Coast YMCA is partnering with UF Health to bring a 25,000 square foot Y to Wildlight. It’s expected to open in late 2019 and will be just the second YMCA location in Nassau County.
Meanwhile, a third homebuilder, Jax-based Dostie Homes, has been added to the roster at Wildlight.
- A series of permits have been issued for construction of JinkoSolar’s new factory at 4660 New World Ave. It’s set to be the international solar panel manufacturer’s first U.S. factory.
- Community Loaves received a permit for build-out in its future new location at 1116 Edgewood Ave. S.
- Orange Park Medical Center received a permit for construction on a new 10,860 square foot emergency center at 5773 Normandy Blvd.
- Curaleaf, a medical marijuana dispensary, received a permit for build-out at 6361 103rd St.
- Panera Bread submitted plans to renovate a former Applebee’s at 13201 Atlantic Blvd. into a new Panera location with a drive-thru lane.
- Plans show a 15,000 square foot retail building to be built at CR-16/SR-16 in St. Johns Co. as part of phase one of Mill Creek Plaza.
- Copper Top Bar and Grill received a permit for build-out at 12405 N. Main St.
- Plans were submitted for a new CVS Pharmacy at 2500 McCormick Rd.