MLG RESTAURANT OPENING ON BLACK FRIDAY
MLG Restaurant, Marcus Lemonis’s upscale restaurant brand, is set to open on November 23 within the Sweet Pete’s building downtown.
The restaurant will replace Candy Apple Café, which shut down when Sweet Pete’s closed for renovations.
Lemonis, host of “The Profit,” is a part-owner of Sweet Pete’s along with founders Allison and Peter Behringer. MLG Restaurant serves upscale American items – this will be the brand’s second location, having originally launched in Chicago.
iFLY OPENING NOV. 28
iFLY Indoor Skydiving is set to open on November 28 at 10579 Brightman Blvd. near St. Johns Town Center. It’s the company’s fifth Florida location and the first in the Northeast Florida market.
It joins Topgolf along Brightman Blvd. and will soon also be joined by a Floor & Decor outlet and a new Holiday Inn Express hotel.
MARAH BREWING CO. COMING TO FIVE POINTS
Marah Brewing Company is planning to take over the building at 1521 Margaret St.
The building was most recently occupied by Five Points Tavern; prior to that, it was home to O’Brothers Irish Pub.
The new brewery hopes to open in early 2019, according to its Facebook page.
TOWNHOMES PLANNED IN NORTHWEST JAX
Arlington Properties, Inc. submitted plans for Tapestry Westland Village Apartments, a 12-building, 266-unit apartment complex on 28 acres of land at Collins Rd. and Plantation Bay Dr.
Connelly & Wicker Inc. is the listed engineer for the project, which will also feature a clubhouse and dog park.
- Corner Lot Development Group LLC submitted plans for a 120-unit townhome development off of Arlington Rd. and Aralia Ln.
- Maronda Homes, Inc.’s Trout River Townhomes Phase II will add 118 single-family townhome units at Capper Rd. near FSCJ’s North Campus in Northwest Jax.
- A two-unit, 6,500 sq. ft. retail building is planned by Triple Net Equities, Ltd., at Airport Center Dr. and Lunar Dr. next to River City Marketplace. Baker Design Build is the project’s engineer of record.
- Plans submitted for a future Wildlight Town Center show six planned buildings totaling around 34,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space at A1A and Wildlight Ave.
- First Coast Energy submitted plans for a new Daily’s convenience store and gas station at Kernan Blvd. S. and Betty Holzendorf Dr. near UNF and Butler Blvd.
- Tossgreen is looking to open a new location in a ground floor retail space at 501 Riverside Ave.