LOFTS AT JEFFERSON STATION APPROVED BY DDRB
Plans for Lofts at Jefferson Station were reviewed – and approved – by the Downtown Design Review Board this week.
The plans show a five-story, 133-unit complex next to the Jefferson St. Skyway station and the newly-built Lofts at LaVilla. Like Lofts at LaVilla and Lofts at Monroe down the street, it’s a Vestcor project.
WINN-DIXIE STORE CLOSURES
Winn-Dixie’s parent company, Southeastern Grocers, announced they’ll be closing just under 100 underperforming stores as part of their bankruptcy proceedings.
The following Jax-area locations will be closed:
- 3000 Dunn Ave. (Harveys)
- 1012 Edgewood Ave. (Harveys)
- 248 Blanding Blvd. (Winn-Dixie)
- 9866 Baymeadows Rd. (Winn-Dixie)
TOYS ‘R’ US CLOSING ALL STORES
Toys ‘R’ Us will close all of its U.S. locations, including all Babies ‘R’ Us locations. This means the following Jacksonville locations will close in the near future:
- 4875 Town Center Parkway
- 1972 Wells Rd.
- 500 Outlet Mall Rd. (St. Augustine)
- Mission BBQ received a permit for its buildout in The Strand at Town Center.
- A permit was granted for the demolition of the former Belk at Roosevelt Square at 4529 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Kohl’s will remodel its location at 11824 Atlantic Blvd.
- BoxLunch, the pop culture retailer, is coming to The Avenues and received a permit for its buildout there.
- FSCJ’s 20West Café at 20 W. Adams St. is set to open on Monday.
- True Food Kitchen, a Phoenix-based healthy-living restaurant concept, plans to open in the former Mitchell’s Fish Market location at 5205 Big Island Dr., according to Jax Daily Record.