Check out the latest Jacksonville development and construction news in this week’s edition of Building Up Jax!
Florida Cracker to open in Jax
Florida Cracker Kitchen, a popular restaurant in Brooksville, FL, is expanding to Jacksonville.
According to plans submitted to the St. Johns River Water Management District, the restaurant will occupy the former Tires Plus building at 14329 Beach Blvd., in front of the Pablo Station shopping center.
The plan is for the Jax location to look fairly similar to their original Brooksville spot. The restaurant focuses on southern food within a “down-home” environment, as well as serving local draft beer.
The existing building will be renovated, with around 100 square feet of outdoor patio space being added. The adjacent carwash building will be converted for use as storage space.
Trader Joe’s update
Trader Joe’s has taken the next step toward opening in Mandarin.
On Friday, a permit was issued to Trader Joe’s East Inc. for build-out of its future location at 11112 San Jose Blvd. It’ll join a shopping center anchored by Barnes & Noble and Miller’s Ale House, in a space formerly occupied by World Market.
It will be the chain’s second Jax-area location, with the other being located along A1A in Jax Beach.
- More permits have been issued for the construction of the new Greyhound bus station at 1111 Forsyth St. in LaVilla, which is the first stage of construction for the Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center.
- Progress continues on the new Gate station at 450 Park St. in Brooklyn, with additional permits being issued for its construction on Friday.
- Interior renovations are now complete at Jax Federal Credit Union’s main office at 562 Park St., according to Jacksonville Business Journal.
- While the company initially suggested both Jax-area locations may be safe, Gander Mountain will now close its location at River City Marketplace. The St. Augustine location will remain open for now.
- Nitrogen Creamery is now open at 1316 3rd St. N. in Jax Beach.
See any construction going on around town that you want to know more about? Got a favorite store you want to see in Jax? Let us know! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll investigate.