COTTAGES ON COLLEGE
Cottages on College, a 19-home development along College St., is under city review.
The development is proposed at 2900 College St. and calls for two rows of houses with a courtyard in between the rows. The site of the development is close to Roosevelt Blvd. as well as King St.
Hart Resources LLC is the project’s developer, and JWB Rental Homes is listed as the builder.
ESCAPE RESTAURANT & BAR COMING TO FIVE POINTS
Last week we noted that a project called Escape received a permit for build-out in Five Points.
Now, city docs show that this is for Escape Restaurant and Bar. The plans show a restaurant and bar in the former Cozy Tea spot along Park St., with a small outdoor seating section in the back.
The document in reference is an application for a waiver of zoning requirements involving its distance from churches or schools – the document identifies five churches within approximately 1500 feet.
NORMANDY KMART TO BECOME SELF-STORAGE
Plans were submitted to convert a former Kmart building at 1501 Normandy Village Pkwy. Into a 91,000 square foot self-storage facility with a 2,700 square foot showroom. The plans also involve constructing an additional 8,400 square feet of units on what’s currently part of the parking lot.
CRUISERS GRILL REMODELING
Cruisers Grill will renovate its flagship location in Jax Beach. Its other locations in St. Augustine and along San Jose Blvd. shut down not too long after the owner’s highly-publicized issues with law enforcement.
- Night Lite Pediatrics is set to take over the former Jacksonville Bank branch location at 10325 San Jose Blvd.
- Synergy Chiropractic received a permit for build-out at 14815 Mandarin Rd.
- L’Occitane will remodel its location within St. Johns Town Center.
- Land is being cleared along Sunbeam Rd. near Craven Rd. in hopes of attracting outparcel developments.
- State Farm announced that its facility at 8001 Baymeadows Way will be shutting down by next year, with as many as 600 jobs being eliminated or transferred.