VYSTAR CREDIT UNION BUYS LIFE OF THE SOUTH BUILDING
VyStar Credit Union has purchased the 7-story, 75,000+ sq. ft. Life of the South building at 100 W. Bay St.
The purchase was facilitated by Colliers International Northeast Florida. The property will help VyStar accommodate its employees as it moves to VyStar Tower next door at 76 N. Laura St.
Prior to the sale, the property’s previous owner had plans to redevelop the historic building into a Hotel Indigo.
RACETRAC LOOKS FOR SOUTHSIDE ZONING EXCEPTION
RaceTrac is seeking zoning exceptions to allow for a decreased landscape buffer and outside sales and services within their future gas station and convenience store at 8715 Baymeadows Rd.
The property is set to be redeveloped in the near future, with a former Wells Fargo building occupying the lot right now.
TWO MORE WAWAS UNDERWAY
Two future Wawa locations took steps toward build-out this week.
Multiple permits were issued for a Wawa at 13363 Beach Blvd., and the company also submitted plans for a previously-announced location at US-1 and St. Augustine Dr. in St. Johns County.
- The Escape Game is celebrating its grand opening this weekend at St. Johns Town Center next to Panera Bread. We’ll have more details on their new venue within the coming weeks.
- The city received a permit for a 5,000 sq. ft. addition to the existing Mandarin Senior Center.
- GATE Express Carwash submitted plans for its future location at Beach Blvd. and Leon Rd.
- Villareal Hair Salon and The Fountain of Beauty received permits for build-out within Julington Marketplace at 4125 Race Track Rd.
- Charlotte Russe is closing all of its U.S. stores, including locations at The Avenues and Orange Park Mall. Its store at Markets at Town Center had already begun the process of liquidating.
- The Home Depot and Smoothie King are now open at The Pavilion at Durbin Park.