Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
CHANCE PARTNERS PLANNING THE SAGEFIELD ON NORTHSIDE
Chance Partners announced plans this week for The Sagefield, a 234-unit multifamily apartment complex on the Northside.
The new development, proposed for N. Main St. near Airport Center Dr., will be comprised of two 4-story buildings featuring one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment units as well as two carriage homes with garages, and will feature a “contemporary farmhouse” design.
Additional features of the community will include a clubhouse with coworking space, a fitness center, a bike and scooter share program, and a coffee bar.
The Sagefield will be the fifth Jacksonville residential development for the locally-based Chance Partners and its first in North Jacksonville. Its other properties include San Marco Promenade, RiverVue, The Barlow, and The Exchange.
Dynamik Design Partners is the project’s architect; Kimley-Horn is the project engineer, and The Douglas Company will serve as general contractor.
Construction on the project will begin this fall and is expected to be completed in 2022.
- House of Shaves received a permit for build-out at 501 Riverside Ave.
- Plans were submitted for Let’s Be Friends Academy, a new daycare facility at 725 New Berlin Rd.
- D.R. Horton submitted plans for Equinox East, a 220-unit townhome community off of AC Skinner Pkwy. near Butler Blvd. The plans show 220 units as well as a pool, community center, and sand volleyball court.
- Southern Impression Homes submitted plans for Biscayne Villas, an 11-building multifamily complex off of Biscayne Blvd.
- Heartland Dental received a permit for build-out at 5000 Sawgrass Village Cir. in northern St. Johns County.