Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
SILKIE’S CHICKEN AND CHAMPAGNE BAR OPENING IN SPRINGFIELD
Silkie’s Chicken and Champagne Bar, a new concept from Chef Kenny Gilbert, plans to open for dine-in eating soon in Springfield.
The new upscale, fast-casual eatery, located at 1602 Walnut St., debuted earlier this week with a limited soft opening. It’s currently open from 4:00 to 9:00 PM for take-out service only while it waits on final approval for its alcohol license.
Silkie’s represents Chef Gilbert’s return to the Jacksonville market. His previous local restaurants include Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen and Gilbert’s Social, both of which closed in 2019. Gilbert is also in the process of opening a new restaurant in Raleigh, NC.
The eatery’s location at 1602 Walnut St. was most recently home to Bleu Chocolat Café.
- Starbucks submitted plans for a new standalone coffee shop with drive-thru at 1795 Blanding Blvd. in Middleburg.
- Reflections Wound Care received a permit for build-out at 7011 A.C. Skinner Pkwy.
- Vesta Property Services received a permit for build-out within the Raymond James building at 245 Riverside Ave.
- A permit was issued for the construction of Mayport Commons, a new retail center at 2009 Andreu Rd.
- Super King Food Mart received a permit for build-out at 9268 Lem Turner Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a new 22,000 sq. ft. Tractor Supply Co. location at Bahia Dr. and St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Jacksonville Alliance for Kipps Schools received a permit for the construction of a new two-story charter school building at 813 Golfair Blvd.
- Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office submitted plans for a new 3,000 sq. ft. tactical research and development center at 4272 Lannie Rd. near Montgomery Correctional Center.
- Southern Seafood N Chicken received a permit for build-out at 8818 Atlantic Blvd.
- Farah & Farah received a permit for build-out within the second and third floors of the 100 North Laura building in downtown Jax.
- Trulieve received a permit for build-out at 8355 Baymeadows Rd.
- Southside Baptist Church received a permit for interior renovations at 1435 Atlantic Blvd.
- The city submitted plans for a new 500,000+ sq. ft. building at New World Ave. and Waterworks St. within Cecil Commerce Center.
- World Electric Supply received a permit for build-out at 569 Stuart Ln.