RIVERWALK PLACE PROPOSED BY RIMROCK DEVLIN
Rimrock Devlin DeBartolo Jacksonville, part of the team behind Shad Khan’s Shipyards project, has submitted a vision for the land occupied by the former courthouse and city hall annex buildings.
The group sent the city’s Downtown Investment Authority plans for what it’s calling Riverwalk Place, a multi-use project that would offer an alternate use for land that the city had originally expected to use for a new convention center.
Riverwalk Place would include a 347-unit apartment complex, a 9-story hotel, a 468-space parking garage, and a riverfront restaurant and retail hall.
The new convention center, rather than being built on this lot, would be built as part of the planned Shipyards redevelopment.
DIA will now weigh this new alternate proposal against the three bids it received for developing the land as a convention center and hotel.
WHOLE FOODS COMING TO JAX BEACH
Whole Foods Market plans to begin work later this year on its new grocery store at 1822 3rd St. S. in Jax Beach, within the Pablo Plaza shopping center.
The grocer will open in a unit previously occupied by Office Depot, which signed a ten-year lease for a smaller space within the same complex. Colliers International Northeast Florida handled the negotiations for Office Depot’s new lease.
The new Jax Beach location had been announced back in 2015, stating then that it wouldn’t open until 2021. The Pablo Plaza center has since undergone significant renovations. Once complete, it’ll be the second Whole Foods Market in the Jacksonville area.
MAYDAY ICE CREAM COMING TO SAN MARCO
The Hyppo’s location at 1432 Hendricks Ave. has closed to make way for a new concept from the same owner.
Mayday Ice Cream will open its second location within the San Marco spot, which is located within San Marco Station along Hendricks.
Mayday is an artisan ice cream parlor – its first location opened recently in St. Augustine.
HYATT PLACE PROPOSED DOWNTOWN
A nine-story Hyatt Place hotel is proposed at the corner of Independent Dr. and Hogan St. downtown.
It would sit in front of a parking garage adjacent to SunTrust Tower (soon to be VyStar Tower) and its main lobby entrance would face Jacksonville Landing.
- RaceTrac has submitted plans for a new convenience store and gas station at 8715 Baymeadows Rd., on the site of a Wells Fargo branch location. The plans show a 5,411 square foot convenience store with eight gas pumps.
- A permit was issued for build-out of a restaurant referred to as “Escape” at 1021 Park St. in Five Points.
- A convenience store at 7911 Blanding Blvd. will be demolished, making room for a future Wawa convenience store and gas station.
- B Street Eats, the Latin concept from Maple Street Biscuit Company, has shut its doors permanently in Murray Hill. A new concept is expected to open at its location within a month or so.
- Plans were submitted for a 155-room hotel at the corner of San Pablo Rd. and Dixie Landing Dr., near JTB. The hotel’s branding was not revealed in the site plans.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of the former Greyhound bus station at 10 N. Pearl St.
- Zeus Pizza Grill & Buffet will open soon in the former Kitchen on San Marco location at 1402 San Marco Blvd., according to Jax Daily Record.
- The Church of Eleven:22 received a permit for a $1.9 million addition to its Mandarin campus at 4911 Losco Rd.
- St. Vincent’s Riverside campus at 1 Shircliff Way will add a four-story heart and vascular pavilion tower at a cost of $1.8 million. The Haskell Company will be handling the project.