OP TO OPEN 2 JAX STORES
“Pub-style” barbershop Chop Barbershop is expanding into Jacksonville with two planned locations.
The Tallahassee-based barbershop will open its first Northeast Florida location on October 26 at 935 Edgewood Ave. in the Murray Hill neighborhood. [UPDATE (10/17): Chop has pushed back their opening, which will now happen sometime in November.]
For its second location, it will join Bento Sushi, Panera Bread, and Chipotle as a future tenant of Brooklyn Place, which is currently under construction along Riverside Ave.
Founded in 2015, Chop offers a pub-like, family-focused barbershop experience with affordable hair services and free Wi-Fi, lollipops, and beverages – including beer for those 21 or older.
BEN & JERRY’S TO JOIN NOCATEE TOWN CENTER
Ben & Jerry’s is coming to Nocatee next year.
The popular ice cream chain plans to open next spring within Nocatee Town Center. It will join Clean Juice, First Watch, GreenWise Market, Makk Fashions, Really Good Beer Stop, and Sherwin Williams in a newly-developed portion of the shopping center.
- Local eatery The Local has opened its second location at 301 Atlantic Blvd. in Neptune Beach.
- VyStar Credit Union received a permit for $15 million in renovations to the building it purchased at 100 W. Bay St.
- American Signature received a permit for build-out at 6001 Argyle Forest Blvd.
- Multiple permits were issued for renovation work on Valencia Way, the troubled apartment community formerly known as Eureka Gardens, at 1214 Labelle St.
- SoFi received a permit to build out its office space at 5335 Gate Pkwy.
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. plans to build a new, $2.8 million office building at 615 Park St.
- Spectrum Logistics received a permit for build-out at 11637 Camden Rd.
- RKB Investments Group received a permit for construction of a new building at 1400 Eastport Rd. to be occupied by 1st Coast Cargo.
- Q Delicias received a permit for build-out at 3980 Southside Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a new CubeSmart Self-Storage location at 9239 103rd St.
- Talara Investment Group received a permit to renovate 8th floor office space within BB&T Tower at 200 W. Forsyth St. The company purchased the building last year.
- The Mini Bar received a permit for build-out within Gateway Village at Town Center.
- Made in Space received a permit for build-out at 8226 Philips Hwy.
- Prime Car Wash plans to build an 11,000 sq. ft. car wash at 14190 Beach Blvd.
- The city received a permit for the construction of a new, $2.6 million covered arena at Jacksonville Equestrian Center at 13611 Normandy Blvd.