Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Presidium Park breaks ground near SJTC
Presidium recently broke ground on Presidium Park, its third multifamily development in the Jacksonville area.
The new 356-unit community, located on a 14.5-acre property at 7738 A.C. Skinner Parkway, is set to consist of four 5-story buildings and three 2-story carriage house buildings, as well as a clubhouse. Units will range from studio to three-bedroom in size, with amenities including keyless entry, Ecobee thermostats, smart light switches, and energy-efficient appliances.
Community amenities include outdoor pavilions, a clubhouse with game lounge, golf simulator, theatre room, state-of-the-art fitness center, and co-working lounges, a rooftop terrace and lounge, and a resort-style.
The Texas-based developer had previously completed the JTB Luxury Apartments and Presidium Town Center.
Presidium Park is expected to make its debut in fall 2023.
- Fort Family Investments is seeking approval to redevelop 8.8 acres of land between Baymeadows Rd. E., R.G. Skinner Pkwy., and I-295 as a multifamily community with up to 526 units.
- Sessions Development is seeking approval to redevelop 92.5 acres of property along Old St. Augustine Rd. east of I-95 as a multifamily community with up to 280 living units.
- Plans were submitted for Charlotte’s Point, a 17-lot subdivision along Cedar Point Rd.
- Ozark Investment Group is seeking to rezone 3.45 acres of land between Baymeadows Rd. E. and Ozark Dr. to allow for the development of a self-storage facility.
- Multiple permits were issued for a new $64 million VA outpatient center at 15678 Max Leggett Pkwy.
- Baptist Primary Care received a permit for construction at 30 Ardisia Ln. in St. Johns
- Salsas Mexican Restaurant received a permit to convert a vacant unit at 11018 Old St. Augustine Rd. into a Latin food convenience store.