For the entire month of December, Building Up Jax is presented to you by Opendoor, the new way to sell your home online.
NEW PLANS FOR DORO FIXTURE CO. PROPERTY
The historic Doro Fixture Co. building in the sports district is set to be demolished in favor of a new multi-use development.
Rise Properties plans to build a new five-story apartment building with ground-floor retail at 102 A. Philip Randolph Blvd. Also included would be a rooftop bar.
Rise Properties acquired the property from Iconic Real Estate Investments, which had previously planned to overhaul – but not demolish – the old building for mixed-use purposes including a bowling alley.
The property is next door to Intuition Ale Works and just down the street from VyStar Veterans Arena.
BAD AXE THROWING COMING TO SPRINGFIELD
Bad Axe Throwing plans to open next year along Main Street in Springfield.
The Ontario-based axe-throwing chain will occupy a long-vacant building at 1719 N. Main St. It will become one of only a few national brands visible along the Main Street corridor.
PETRA facilitated the lease agreement.
- Kubicki Draper received a permit for expansion within the VyStar Tower at 76 S. Laura St.
- Davis Real Estate Holdings received a permit for renovations within 231 E. Adams St.
- Gate received a permit for renovations to its existing station at 4100 Heckscher Dr.
- Lincoln Financial Group received a permit for build-out within Wells Fargo Center.
- Dunkin’ submitted plans for a new location within Southside Quarter along Gate Pkwy.
- Ascension St. Vincent’s submitted plans for a new standalone emergency room at 8083 Parramore Rd.