Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
SPRINGFIELD LOFTS INCENTIVES APPROVED
Plans for a new loft-style residential complex in Springfield are moving forward, with city financing now set in stone.
City council approved $3 million in incentives for Springfield Lofts, a proposed 78-unit apartment development that would involve renovating and reusing the former Jacksonville Jewish Center building on Pearl St.
The project, led by GNP Development and PQH Group, would see the JJC building and two other structures reutilized as well as the addition of a new residential building with ground-level parking deck.
The project is expected to begin construction later this year.
PERMITS ISSUED FOR LOFTS AT MURRAY HILL
Multiple permits were issued this week in relation to the planned Lofts at Murray Hill development.
The Vestcor-led project will bring 117 affordable apartment units to the site of a former Bank of America building at 840 Edgewood Ave. S., along with 11,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space. It will be similar in structure to Vestcor’s other Lofts developments like Lofts at LaVilla and Lofts at Jefferson Station.
- Fidelity Information Services (FIS) received multiple permits in relation to the construction of its new $145 million headquarters building at 347 Riverside Ave.
- River City Science Academy submitted plans for a new two-story school building at 2002 San Pablo Rd. S.
- Ecowise Cleaners received a permit for build-out at 250 Pine Lake Dr. within Nocatee Town Center.
- O’Steen Pharmacy received a permit for exterior renovations at 757 Edgewood Ave. N.
- GenPact received a permit for build-out at 6737 Southpoint Dr. S.
- Hotworx received a permit for build-out at 4413 Town Center Pkwy. within St. Johns Town Center North.
- Church of Eleven:22 submitted plans to construct a three-story parking garage for its church location at 14286 Beach Blvd.
- Tire Outlet submitted plans for a 7,000 sq. ft. location at 1195 St. Johns Pkwy. within Parkway Place at Durbin in northern St. Johns.
- New Berlin Fish House & Oyster Bar received a permit for renovations at 604 New Berlin Rd.
- Skinner Bros. Realty submitted plans for Creekside Manor, a 28-home subdivision off of New Berlin Rd. near Wages Way.