Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
GATE PLANS C-STORE, GAS STATION AT ETOWN
GATE is coming to eTown.
The locally-based petroleum company announced this week that it plans to build a new convenience store and gas station within The Exchange at eTown, the commercial “main street” district of the master-planned eTown community in southeast Jax.
The new location will feature 20 fueling stations, four ethanol-free fueling stations, and a GATE Fresh Kitchen café. It’ll join Baptist Health, a new city fire station, and the eTown welcome center within The Exchange, which is expected to feature several other commercial developments that have yet to be announced.
The GATE location is expected to open no later than summer 2022.
SPLIFF’S GASTROPUB TO RELOCATE
Downtown eatery Spliff’s Gastropub is getting a new space.
The eatery is in the process of relocating to the other side of its sister venue, 1904 Music Hall, into a unit at the corner of Ocean and Forsyth streets that was most recently occupied by Azucena Deli.
The reopened eatery will serve an upgraded menu that will include burgers. Its old unit will be occupied by a coffee shop.
LENNAR BUILDING FIRST NASSAU CO. NEIGHBORHOOD
Home builder Lennar’s Northeast Florida division is building its first neighborhood in Nassau County.
Lennar at Amelia Walk, located off of A1A in Fernandina Beach, will consist of 140 single-family homes starting in the high-200s price range. It joins the Amelia Walk master-planned community which features amenities including community tennis courts, a full-size soccer field, playground, and fitness center.
FLAGLER HEALTH SUBMITS DURBIN PLANS
Flagler Health submitted plans for its future medical campus at Durbin Park.
Those plans show a hospital building, a health village, a YMCA facility, a medical office building, an ambulatory surgery center, outdoor recreation space, a parking garage, and several other unidentified structures.
The campus will be located at the intersection of East Peyton Pkwy. and Flagler Health Way.
- Yulee KinderCare is now open in Wildlight. The new 10,000 sq. ft. facility at 110 Floco Ave. includes nine classrooms, an indoor gym, outdoor playground, and wellness screening station. It will serve 140 kids within the Wildlight community in Nassau County.
- Tru by Hilton submitted plans for a new 98-room hotel at 4945 Lenoir Ave.
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Church received a permit for $2.2 million in renovations to its existing campus at 11757 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Cornerstone Classical Academy received multiple permits related to its build-out at 2360 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- Memorial Health Group received a permit for renovations to existing lab space at 3625 University Blvd. S.
- GATE submitted plans for a new convenience store, gas station, and Gate Express Car Wash facility next to the Shoppes of Ponte Vedra along A1A.
- T & D Moving Co. received a permit for build-out at 6558 Beach Blvd.
- Wells Fargo received a permit for the conversion of an old tire shop building at 5175 Lenox Ave. into a bank branch location.