For the entire month of November, Building Up Jax is presented to you by Opendoor, the new way to sell your home online.
FIS TO BUILD 12-STORY TOWER IN BROOKLYN
Jax-based FIS (Fidelity National Information Services) is set to significantly expand its local presence.
Gov. Ron DeSantis announced yesterday that the financial technology company plans to build a new 12-story tower next to its existing campus along Riverside Ave. in the Brooklyn neighborhood. The company will also be hiring 500 new workers locally as part of its expansion.
Around $30 million in incentives for the project were previously approved by city council under the code name Project Sharp.
The company hopes to begin construction next year on its new building, which is expected to open in 2022.
THE BEARDED PIG SET TO RELOCATE, EXPAND
The Bearded Pig is getting new digs.
The San Marco BBQ favorite announced yesterday that it plans to relocate from its current spot at 1224 Kings Ave. to a larger space down the street at 1808 Kings Ave.
The new location should open next spring, if all goes according to plan.
The eatery’s owners are also keeping its current space to be used for another project down the line – they’re also the minds behind Rec Room in Five Points.
- Jumpin’ Jax House of Food plans to open its third area location at 20 W. Adams St., in space formerly utilized by 20West Café.
- Titlemax received a permit for build-out at 938 Cassat Ave.
- Swisher International received a permit to renovate the third floor of its building at 459 E. 16th St.
- Ulta Beauty received a permit related to its build-out of a new fulfillment center at 2619 Ignition Dr.
- Plans were submitted for a new parking lot for Duval County Public Schools, to replace a current lot that will be bisected as part of the future The District master-planned development. The bisection of the original parking lot will allow for an extension of Prudential Dr. The plans also show the proposed extension of the Southbank Riverwalk into The District’s land.
- Foot Locker received a permit for build-out at 13221 City Station Dr. within River City Marketplace.