Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Dupont YMCA purchased, to be redeveloped as apartments
The Dupont Family YMCA may soon give way to a multi-family apartment development.
Monday Properties submitted plans to the St. Johns River Water Management District to redevelop the YMCA property at 7373 Old Kings Rd. S. into an apartment complex. The submitted application shows that Monday Properties has already agreed to acquire the property from First Coast YMCA, but it did not include site plans or a proposed unit count; the property will need to be rezoned prior to development, as its current zoning would not allow for residential units.
Nonetheless, it seems that the Dupont YMCA’s days are now numbered.
Zaxby’s joins Grand Cypress project
Zaxby’s is coming to Gatlin Development’s Grand Cypress project.
The restaurant chain plans to build a 70-seat, 3,652-square-foot building at Race Track Rd. and Big Cypress Dr. N near US-1 in St. Johns. It becomes the third confirmed commercial tenant within the mixed-use project, joining Winn-Dixie and a nail salon.
The project also proposes 900 multifamily units on the former site of a dog-racing facility.
Week in review
- JTA launched the Orange Line of the First Coast Flyer
- UF Health to build free-standing ER on Lane Ave.
- The Southern Italian Deli and Market is now open
- Corner Lot Development Group submitted plans for Pecan Forest, a 66-lot subdivision between Russell Ave. and Kirk Rd. near Pecan Park Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a 9,120-square-foot retail building, including a 2,400-square-foot Brakes for Less, at 13423 Beach Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for Reunion In-Patient Rehabilitation Hospital, a three-story in-patient rehab facility along Kernan Blvd. near Tamaya Blvd.
- TD Bank received a permit for build-out at 12689 San Jose Blvd.
- Starbucks received a permit for renovations to an existing location at 11850 McCormick Rd.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a former restaurant building at 3210 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- Atlee Development Group submitted plans for Ashers Landing, a 130-unit paired villa community off Morse Ave. near I-295.
- 904 Implants & Dentures received a permit for build-out at 11645 Beach Blvd.