SHIPPING CONTAINER APARTMENTS TO BE REVIEWED BY DDRB
The city’s Downtown Development Review Board is set to look at plans submitted by JWB Real Estate Capital that depict a three-story apartment complex made out of recycled shipping containers.
The Ashley Street Container Project, proposed for 412 E. Ashley Street, would entail the creation of 18 small, affordable apartment units by stacking shipping containers together to form a three-story, H-shaped complex. The total cost for the project is
The DDRB will discuss the project at their next meeting in May.
ORTEGA PARK PLANS SUBMITTED
Plans were submitted for the redevelopment of the Roosevelt Square shopping center into Ortega Park.
Those plans call for the demolition of two buildings as well as everything right of Publix on the existing center. Four additional retail buildings would be built, as well as a junior anchor unit next to Publix to replace the demolished end of the original center.
The center was originally built as Roosevelt Mall, then reconfigured into an open-air shopping center in the late ’90s.
TWO MORE CANNABIS DISPENSARIES COMING TO JAX
Two additional medical cannabis dispensaries are coming to Jacksonville in the near future.
AltMed MUV received a permit for build-out at 1050 Hendricks Ave., and Surterra received a permit to build at 13642 Atlantic Blvd.
This would be MUV’s first Jax-area location and Surterra’s third.
- Lego is looking to open a store within St. Johns Town Center.
- IV hydration spa Pure Hydration has opened its second area location at 1650 Margaret St.
- Keg & Coin, the popular Riverside arcade offshoot of Beer:30, is looking to open a second location at 1237 Penman Rd. in Jax Beach in a space most recently occupied by The Homestead.
- UFC Class Gym received a permit for build-out within Tinseltown Plaza at 4549 Southside Blvd.
- Publix received permits to remodel its locations at 7117 Merrill Rd. and 4320 Deerwood Lake Pkwy.
- CycleBar received a permit for build-out at 5010 Gate Pkwy.