ANGIE’S SUBS TO ADD BBQ, DISTILLERY
Popular Beach Blvd. sandwich shop Angie’s Subs is gearing up for some big changes.
According to a zoning exception application, its owner plans to redevelop the restaurant’s existing property into a larger, three-tenant building featuring Angie’s Subs, a barbeque restaurant, and Jacksontucky distillery.
IDA CLAIRE COMING TO TOWN CENTER
Ida Claire will take over the former Mimi’s Cafe location at 10209 River Coast Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
The Texas-based restaurant serves southern-themed dishes; its name is a play on the southern phrase “I declare.” This will be its first location outside of Texas.
JU PROGRESSING ON HEALTHCARE SCIENCES BUILDING
Jacksonville University is progressing on the construction of its new three-story, 104,000 sq. ft. Healthcare Sciences Academic Center. The $20 million building is expected to open in early 2020 and will house graduate programs for JU’s School of Applied Sciences, School of Orthodontics, and the Keigwin School of Nursing.
The building is a collaboration between Stellar and PQH Architects.
MORE MEDICAL CANNABIS COMING
Medical cannabis dispensary MUV is celebrating its grand opening this weekend at 1550 Hendricks Ave. in San Marco. It becomes the seventh different dispensary chain to open its doors in Jax.
Meanwhile, at the Beaches, Trulieve wants to open its second area location at 102 6th Ave. N. in Jax Beach.
- Popular Avondale eatery Chomp Chomp is closing permanently as of today.
- Rack Room Shoes received a permit to remodel its location at 13221 City Station Dr.
- Warby Parker received a permit for build-out at 4712 River City Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
- Surgery Center of Greater Jacksonville received a permit for build-out at 9143 Philips Hwy.
- Multiple permits were issued for the renovation of Chick-fil-A’s existing location at 9980 Southside Blvd.
- Ceviche Peruvian Cuisine has closed its Atlantic Beach location and plans to reopen soon as a tenant of the proposed Union Hall at San Marco Train Station.
- Great Clips received a permit for build-out at 70 Durbin Pavilion Dr. within The Pavilion at Durbin Park.