APARTMENT COMPLEX PLANNED FOR NW CORNER OF BEACH AND KERNAN
Waypoint Residential Services LLC has purchased a 26.3-acre parcel of land at Kernan and Beach Blvd., with plans to develop a luxury multifamily community.
The sale, which was facilitated by Colliers International Northeast Florida, closed just over a week ago. Waypoint paid $5 million for the property, which is at the northwest corner of Kernan and Beach.
The company, who also developed the nearby The Point at Tamaya community, plans to build a 17-building, 301-unit luxury multifamily community on the land. It’ll feature a resort-style pool, dog park, grilling station, and other upscale amenities.
MY SALON SUITE COMING TO MANDARIN
A new salon suite is under construction along San Jose Blvd.
MY SALON Suite, a national salon suite chain, received a permit for interior build-out at 9961 San Jose Blvd. That outparcel building is currently being built as part of expansion efforts at the Merchants Walk shopping center.
The suite acts as a co-working space for salon entrepreneurs. It would be the chain’s first location in North Florida, though it has over 20 locations throughout the rest of the state.
JUMBO SHRIMP, CITY EXTEND LEASE
The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp announced that they’ve agreed to a 10-year ballpark lease extension with the city, securing their place at Baseball Grounds in Jacksonville for years to come.
BOULEVARD CROSSING PROGRESS
Plans were submitted for a new McDonald’s location at 5689 Beach Blvd., to replace an existing McDonald’s slightly to the east. It’s part of the Boulevard Crossing project at University and Beach which includes three other proposed outparcel buildings in front of the abandoned Kmart building.
- Murray’s Taco Bodega is set to take the place of B Street Eats next door to Maple Street Biscuit Company in Murray Hill.
- Chick-fil-A received a permit to renovate its location at 4461 Southside Blvd.
- Permits were issued for the construction of a 5-story, 99-room Holiday Inn Express hotel at 10573 Brightman Blvd.
- All In Fitness received a permit for build-out within the Brooklyn Station shopping center at 150 Riverside Ave.
- Jacksonville University received a permit for construction of a new 3-story, $20 million health science building at 5491 Dolphin Point Blvd.
- A permit was issued for the construction of a new fire station, to be designated Fire Station No. 73, at 5845 Aviation Ave.
- Brazils Waxing Center received a permit for build-out at 7051 Collins Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a 16,000 sq. ft. St. Vincent’s Medical Center location at 15510 Max Leggett Pkwy.