AMBASSADOR HOTEL BUILDING TO BE RESTORED
The historic Ambassador Hotel at 420 N. Julia St. is set to undergo a major revamp.
The aging building was purchased by Augustine Development Group, along with a series of adjacent lots, for just over $5 million. The redevelopment project will involve a 100-room luxury hotel, a 200-unit luxury apartment building, and 15,000 square feet of retail.
The adjacent building at 404 N. Julia St. will be demolished as part of the project.
Once complete, it should bring new life to the dormant area behind the Courthouse, inching downtown’s revival closer to its northern edges.
DAILY’S COMING TO MANDARIN AT PARK-N-RIDE SITE
Part of a JTA Park-n-Ride lot located at 3011 Marbon Rd. will soon become a new Daily’s convenience store and Shell gas station.
JTA sold the 9.11-acre parking lot property to First Coast Energy for $2.4 million. The sale was facilitated by Colliers International Northeast Florida.
The Park-n-Ride lot will continue operating but will be reduced in size to accommodate the new Daily’s.
RIVERFRONT HYATT ADDS 24-HR EATERY
This week, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront announced the opening of Market, its new 24-hour deli-style eatery. The new eatery offers Starbucks coffee, grab-and-go items, and fast-casual menu options.
It’s the first of the three new lobby-area venues within the Hyatt Regency to open its doors. Still to come are SHOR Seafood Grill, a 150-seat restaurant, and SHOR Tavern, a 5,000 square foot bar.
- Colliers International Northeast Florida recently facilitated the $2.1 million sale of the outparcel at 9735 Gate Pkwy from Seven Bridges Investments LLC to a private investor yet to be named. Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery will continue to operate on the property.
- Park Street Yoga submitted plans to modify the building at 2105 Park St.
- CVS Pharmacy received a permit for interior renovation of its location at 9509 San Jose Blvd.
- South Jacksonville Dialysis received a permit for build-out at 8021 Philips Highway.
- Walmart received a permit for interior renovations within its location at 10991 San Jose Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a new Wendy’s location east of I-95 along International Golf Pkwy.
- Two Dudes Seafood Restaurant will take over the former Il Desco location at 2665 Park St. in Riverside, according to Jax Daily Record.