Today, we take a look at the latest development news and rumors from the past week.
- Core Properties LLC’s new St. Johns Town Center development, now titled Town Center Promenade, revealed its plans. The project will feature a hotel, a national grocer, a coffee shop with a drive-thru (expected to be Dunkin Donuts), apartment buildings, 4 restaurants, and a few retail spots as well. (The Shopping Center Group website)
- Newk’s Eatery is already announced as one of their future tenants. (Jax Daily Record)
- Piada Italian Street Food will open its first Florida location here. (Jax Daily Record)
- Red Robin has been in discussions, and remains a possibility.
- Convenience store/gas station company Wawa will expand into the First Coast area starting next year; they plan on opening 20-25 stores here. (Jax Daily Record)
- A newly remodeled Winn-Dixie will open on Baymeadows Road this Thursday, after 6 years of the location lying vacant. (Jax Daily Record)
- Daily’s will open another new convenience store/gas station, this one located on Hendricks Ave across from the existing GATE station. (jacksonville.com)
- Daily’s will also remodel the Shell station at San Jose/University to feature a Daily’s convenience store. (Jax Daily Record)
- All Kangaroo Express convenience stores will rebrand as Circle K. (Jax Daily Record)
- Wendy’s will begin remodeling its restaurants; a permit was issued for a remodel of their Hamilton St location. (City of Jacksonville records)
Check back here each Saturday for the latest on what’s coming to the First Coast.